Sumbon (Sum + bon) means “Addition” (i.e., the sum) “of all good” (i.e., bon = French for good). It’s a global online platform that connects donors and nonprofits in a meaningful and sustainable way. Sumbon was designed by Abhay Tewari – a former Apple Engineer – who quit his prestigious job and started his company because he believed that there should be an easier way for donors to find reputable nonprofits to help.
Solutions Provided to Sumbon:
- Market Analysis: Definition of B2C and B2B Marketing Strategies and use of Sales Optimization Techniques in order to achieve the required Objective in terms of Business Growth.
- Growth Hacking Strategy: from product improvement to funnel optimization, in order to aim at Sumbon’s True North
- Development of Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Influencer Marketing, and Content Marketing campaigns.
- Creation of tutorials videos published on YouTube
- Blog & Newsletter Curation
- Analysis of campaign results and constant optimization
Like many of our other customers, we first met Sumbon when they were struggling to market their platform to customers. However, they had a double-edged problem – without Donors, Nonprofits wouldn’t be interested in signing up for their platform. On the other hand, without Nonprofits, there was nothing to attract Donors. The challenge, then, was to find a way to grow both user bases at the same time.
We started by focusing on donors and set up a robust Content Marketing campaign that included Social Media Marketing, Blog Articles, Newsletters, and Landing pages focused on spreading the word about Sumbon.
We also tried a successful experiment with Influencer Marketing, where a famous “mom blogger” wrote an article about Sumbon and helped us reach a new audience. After we got a sufficient number of donors, we pivoted to Nonprofits and helped Sumbon reach new customers through Lead Generation and Newsletters.
By the time we were done, we’d helped Sumbon get more interest from the Nonprofits community, close more deals, and increased the number of donations made through their platform.